[All persons are existing outside my story’s world as well. I’d like to apologise in advance if your character in here and your character in real life have nothing to do with one another. I probably don’t know you very well. But your presence here is needed. ]
She opened her balcony door and got out of her room. The air seemed to be becoming less and less in there and she needed her mind to clear from all those irrational thoughts. She brought with every detail the discussion she had with Gabriel, her boyfriend, earlier this evening, when they went out for a walk. The conversation had taken a strange path. After one year and a half he had asked her what her ideal type of guy was. Ella laughed. She told him that she liked mysterious and smart guys, the ones that would be difficult to conquer. With a playful expression he asked her what she was doing with him and said that she should be with Sean. She didn’t understand why he said that. It sounded too serious to her and she felt uncomfortable. But she didn’t let it show and she poken her tongue out to him. They continued teasing each other like this until she needed to go home. Gabriel could stay out as much as he wanted. He was 26 after all and she was only a high school girl, so she should return home early.
And now, under a dark sky without moon and stars she thought of those again.
Sean is Gabriel’s best friend. She was never too close to him. To be honest she was a little afraid of him. Since he had met him he was going through a phase. Her boyfriend told her it was result of a relatioship and that he also hadn’t always been like this. She also had heard from him again, that he didn’t used to care about anything and that he was the strongest person in his company. She hadn’t really talked with him so many times. Only recently, because one of her closest friends liked him, she was trying to connect those 2 and her efforts were somehow successful until then.
“My type…” , she thought. Indeed, apparently, he appeared like he was. That same moment one ‘what if’ was born in her mind. She sent it away quickly and rushed into her room to grab her mobile phone in her hands and call Gabriel. She needed to listen to his voice. She knew that he would probably be busy but even then she called. Despite her suspissions she got lucky. He had stopped rehearsal to light a cigarette when she called. His voice had the effect she hoped for. In just some minutes all the doubts in her mind stopped existing. That was her boyfriend. The man who made her happy, her sun, whose warmth and love made her feel like flying in heaven every single moment they talked. He was the one who knew her best. The one who understood her best. Him, and none else. She wasn’t in love with Sean. With that decision she took a book with poems from her library – her latest purchase – and laid to read it, while she was waiting from Gab to text.
and they begun to play the song Sean had composed for his ex girlfriend. He was looking depressed, as always the last months. He felt glad but sad as well when the song ended. First to leave his place was Gabriel.
– Oh people. It went 2 am. We are really lucky there aren’t any neighbours otherwise someone would have called the police.
Nick turned and looked at him with his slightly ironic smile, so familiar to his friends.
-Exaggerating, as usual, he said calmly and put his guitar down.
Yeah, he was indeed. But he had promised Ella to text send her but he didn’t because rehearsal took really long to end. He checked his mob and saw that there wasn’t any message. He laughed secretly. It must have been really hard for her not to send. No matter how calm her behaviour usually was, she was getting easily apprehensive when he was disappearing for so long time. He typed: Baby, just finished rehearsal. Sorry, was late. Are you alright?
Then he put his mobile down again and went to help Alex to gather their equipment. Sean and Nick were sitting on the table in the corner, chatting about what improvements they could do in their last song.
Ren approached them with a face full of wonder.
– Are you guys sane? Let’s help the others clean up and get out of here. We need sleep you know. We can all talk about all these tomorrow.
– Agree, come and lend us a hand to leave as soon as possible. Right Gab? Yo, Gab!
– Hm? Sorry guys I’m kinda out.
– What’s goin on? Sean asked.
– Ella ain’t answering. Wonder if she got angry with me not sending.
– Whatever. Each one with our fucking problems. Either way I agree Ren, Nick said and all started to clean up the place to leave.
The next morning…
– What the hell…
Ella streched and rubbed her eyes. Automatically her hand went under the bed, where she always kept her mobile when laid. She felt it vibrating. And then she woke up completely.
– Ah! Gabriel!! she said and answered the phone.
– Ella!! Good morning!! Did you wake up?
– Mum? What time is it?
– 6:30 am. You told me to wake you up early so that you could shower, you forgot it already?
– No, thanks. Good morning mum.
– Have a good day at school.
– Good day at work.
Click. So she had slept till morning. She checked her phone for carefully. 2 missed calls and 3 messages, all from her boyfriend. She sent him “I’m sorry sweety. I slept last night without even realising it. Hope your rehearsal was ok. Text me when you wake up. I love you! :-* “. And then she went to shower. When out she got dressed, checked if all of her books were in the bag and left for the bus stop. After some minutes…
– Hey! Morning! she greeted her friends who were already waiting in the bus stop.
– How are you doin girl?
– All cool. How about you? Did you study for the test?
– Yeah a little. But… Damn! It’s so unfair they are putting us a test one week right after the Christmas holidays.
– Haha yeah but could you figure out a better way for us to get serious and realise that vacation are unfortunately over?
– Bus is here!
After an almost 40 minutes ride they reached at school. Ella got off the with her eyes having a very sad view and her being too silent. The weather was moody. It was cloudy and it appeared like it was going to rain. She enjoyed the rain. But not now… Now it was reminding her of Sean and all her silly thoughts about him last night.
Although now she wouldn’t be able call Gab and hear his voice to calm down. She had to fight it herself. But she couldn’t. Her mind kept going to the first time she met him and then to her boy’s words about him. Deep lost in her thoughts she didnt listen to the bell ringing.
– Hey! ELLA! Get your ass over here! Have you forgotten we got Algebra with the headmaster now?
These words were enough to stop thinking and run upstairs.
3 hours later…
Gabriel opened his eyes and streched. He took a look around and saw his buddies that were sleeping in floor and sofa and next to him in the bed was Sean. It was a bad night for his poor friend again. He was crying for hours until he finally manages to fall asleep.
He checked his watch.
– Damn. Midday. I wonder if she has a break now. Let’s see.
He checked his mobile and found her message. ‘Hmm… That’s how it’s explained that she didn’t bombard me with messages last night. She was sleeping. My cuttie…’ he thought and took one more glance at the cell phone’s screen. She was so openly showing her love and that was making him very happy. She was completely dedicated to him and it was first time he had felt something like it and that was surprising even to himself.
“Babe, just woke up. What’s up?”
He waited some minutes for her answer but nothing came so he decided to stand up. He walked with unstable steps to kitchen and he put some water to boil for his coffee. Then with a slightly more secure pace he went to bathroom. He washed his face and then went back to the living room.
– Guys! Wake up! Oiii!
– Shut up!
– Damn, what the hell do you want?
– WAKE UP, he screamed and started splashing them.
Nick had already stood up and was looking at him with his common carefree look.
– Stop splashing and I’ll give you your mobile. You got sms! he said and smirked.
– Oh you!
The 5 friends had all woken up now and were chasing each other inside the house.
– Come guys! Give me the mobile! The break will finish!
Nick laughed and throwed the mobile at him.
“Sweety, I was having a test when I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. Haha luckily none noticed.. I’m alright. Missed you. I have english lesson now so I can talk.”
“Cool! Hehe missed you too. How was test?”
“Boring. Haha geometry teacher always gives us specific stuff to study and puts those on tests. How was rehearsal last night?”
“Was nice. As always. We played the new song that Sean wrote. It was awesome. That guy has it. ;)”
“Can’t wait to listen!! hihi”
“Well… I’ve been thinking to ask you about it. Wanna come at rehearsal tonight?”
“Really? Can I?”
“Well I gotta ask the guys first but I don’t this will be a problem.”
“Ask them please! I’d love to come!”
“They are still here. They stayed at my place last night.”
“Ohh niiiiiiice! Say hi to all!”
– Yo boys. You all got greeting from Ella.
– Hi back man, said Alex and poked out his tongue.
– Buddy say it. I can see it in your face you wanna ask something, Sean told him.
– Well, yeah. Can she come tonight at rehearsal?
– Fine with me.
– Yeah it’s ok with us too.
– So I can tell her come?
– Yeah man. Want me tell her myself? Haha
Ren took the phone from the table where Gab had left it and texted Ella.
“Hiya, Ren here. You can come at rehearsal tonight. Ticket is one beer for each. I’ll see ya there! xD”
– Haha whatcha doin man?
– Oh don’t bother. Let’s all get the hell out of here to go prepare. We start at 8 pm. I hope at least.
The rest laughed and left.Vibration.
“Yay! Thanks for letting me come!”
“Baby, want me come pick you up?”
“No, I’ll come on my own. Luckily it’s Friday today so I can stay out little later than usual hihi.”
“We have rehearsal at 8. I’ll see you there.”
“Ok sweetheart. I can’t talk more now. Difficult teacher. I’ll send you when home. And… psit… Think of me 😉 ”
– Girls! Help!
– Oh shit! Did you break up?
– No! Bite your tongue!
– Oh, you sounded desperate, that’s why.
– Haha noooo! He invited me to go see their rehearsal. So I need to cover me for tonight because I might be late in going home. Pleaseeeeee!
– Ok love don’t worry. So… I think we can have DVD night at my place right?, her friend said and blinked to other girl of the company.
– Yeah… We could watch all SAW for example.
– Hahaha don’t be getting creepy girls! , Ella argued.
– How about all Lord of the Rings?
– Even creepier. I think I’ll stick with the SAW.
– I knew you’d agreed! Hahahaahahahahhahaha
– Hahaha I love you girls.
– That’s what we exist for sweety hehe.
3 hours later…
– I’m home. Mum!! Are you here?
‘None at home’ , she thought. She turned on the boiler and went into her room to she what she was going to wear tonight. She had ended up in wearing some black jeans and her favourite blouse, when she heard keys on the door.
– Ella! Come to help me please!
She was her mum coming in and she was holding as usual much more things that a person can pick up without danger of dropping them all. She rushed to take from her hands the food she had probably cooked at shop and left it in kitchen.
– Welcome home mom.
– Thanks sweety, she said and kissed her in cheek. I’ll go take a shower. Can you prepare salad?
In a while they were eating and she was looking for a way to tell her about tonight.
– We were thinking with the girls to watch movies tonight.
– Can I go?
– Sure, just make sure you won’t be late.
– Ahm… I might be a little because we were thinking to watch all SAW. It’s around 5 movies.
– The latest you are allowed to return is at 2 am. And this is a big favour. Just so you know, I’m only letting you because you’ll be inside a house. And don’t you dare not answer my calls ok?
– Yes mom. Thanks!
After lunch she sent 2 messages.
“Hey! Mom let me! 😀 We are watching all SAW hehe”
“Baby, I’ll come hihi. Mom gave permission. I’ll see you there!”